Emmons County Public Health is distributing at-home COVID-19 tests at no out-of-pocket cost. Come to our Linton office (118 E Spruce Ave) during business hours to receive your tests. Please note tests are limited to 2 per person, but an individual may pick up tests for their household, while supplies last.
There are expected to be three types of tests available:
- Celltrion - 2 tests per box authorized for individuals aged 14 and older.
- iHealth - 2 tests per box authorized for individuals aged 2 and older.
- Flowflex - 1 test per box authorized for individuals aged 2 and older.
If I Test Positive?
- Learn more here.
- Isolate yourself from others as much as possible and follow isolation guidelines.
- Tell your close contacts that they may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- You do not need to report your test to the State Health Department. If you need validated results or a letter stating you tested positive or negative, you will need to seek testing from your health care provider or from a state or local public health testing site.
- Monitor your symptoms. Contact your health care provider or go to the doctor if you develop 'emergency warning signs' such as trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, the inability to wake or stay awake, or gray/blue-colored skin, lips or nails.
If I Test Negative?
A negative test result means the virus that causes COVID-19 was not detected in the specimen collected. It does not rule out a COVID-19 infection. If you are symptomatic, please stay home and test after 24 hours or seek out PCR testing at your local provider or local public health testing site. If the subsequent test result is positive, follow isolation guidelines.